We want you to feel as comfortable as possible. We know that for most visitors, it’s a big step just to walk through the doors to check out a church. We promise not to single you out in the service by making you stand, or wear something silly. Someone may notice you and introduce themselves, but you can come and relax and see what we do with as little pressure from our end as possible. The FAQs below will help you know what to expect.
What's your worship style like? - Our worship style is a reflection of our calling to be an intergenerational church family. We sing a mixture of traditional hymns as well as modern worship songs. At the moment, we are beginning to explore the use of increased instrumentation to aid our expression of worship.
How do people dress? - You don’t have to dress a certain way to attend. Our regulars wear a range of different fashions and styles from jeans and t-shirts to shirts and ties. If you feel like dressing up for worship, go ahead. If you feel like dressing down to rest in God’s presence, feel free.
Will I be pressured to give money? - We take an offering every Sunday. This goes to support our church’s mission, ministries, and expenses. It is a part of our worship to trust the Lord financially and provide a way for others to experience the hope we’ve found in Jesus through our church. You are certainly welcome to worship with us however you choose, but as our guest please do not feel obligated to give towards our offering. Please just relax and experience what we’re all about.
What if I'm disabled? - If you are disabled, you may find it easiest to park behind the church building (south side) and enter through the rear door under the awning.
What about my baby? - If you have small children, they are welcome to join you in the church. We have a parent room near the women's restrooms if you have a child who is restless or crying.
Adults must pass a background check and simple training to work with children.
What about my older kids? - Older children (age 4 – grade 5) are encouraged to join Oak Ridge Adventure Kids. On Sunday mornings, children gather and worship with the whole church family. Partway through the service, they will be dismissed. You are welcome to join them to meet the volunteer teachers. Adults must pass a background check and simple training to work with children. Children will take part in an engaging video curriculum known as Konnect Kids where they will be introduced to a topic, a story from scripture, and application to life. On Wednesday evenings, kids have a chance to dig deeper into the Bible and engage in worship designed for elementary-aged children.
What are your current safety guidelines for COVID-19?
What options do I have to participate in your service on Sundays at 10 am?
- Face coverings are optional.
- We will have masks available for anyone who wants one.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up around the building.
- Socially distanced seating is available able in the "Meet & Greet."
- Surfaces are sanitized weekly.
- We encourage all to lead with love, respect, and understanding for one another.
- If you are unwell, have a fever, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, please join us online on our YouTube channel or on Facebook Live (or request a DVD here: email@example.com).
- Communion Sundays - We will provide pre-packaged and sealed communion elements for those in attendance with us. However, if you would prefer, please feel free to bring your own elements from home.
- Adventure Kids is for school-aged children - 5th grade and is meeting in the Kids Wing!
- A self-service nursery is available for your use. A changing table, rocking chair, and toys are available. Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer are also supplied. This space is disinfected after each use for your peace of mind and safety.
- Tithes/Offering - plates are present at exit points if you join us in person. Additional ways to give: Online Giving - https://oakridgewc.com/give | Standard Mail: Oak Ridge Wesleyan Church - 11000 110th Ave. N - Largo, FL 33778 |Online Bill Payment: A service provided through your bank
- In-person. *See current safety guidelines for our current COVID-19 response.
- "Drive-In" - We welcome you to pull into our parking lot and tune your radio to 87.9 FM in order to listen to our service at 10 am!
- Online - https://oakridgewc.com/watch.